APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED: FEBRUARY 6, 2012
The NBDA’s National Bike
Scholarships of up to $1,000 are being offered to selected first-time attendees who are bicycle dealers and NBDA members.
The National Bike Summit is produced by the League of American Bicyclists (www.bikeleague.org). This is where advocates, industry executives and cycling transportation experts gather to learn about the issues involving bicycling in America, and to speak up for bicycling on Capitol Hill by meeting with members and staff of the House of Representatives and U.S. Senate by pre-arranged appointment.
The NBDA is making available 25 scholarships worth up to $1,000 each to NBDA dealer members who have not attended past National Bike Summits. The goal is that first-time attendees will find the event so powerful and compelling, that they will return to future Summits on their own.
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, please fill out the on-line form and submit to the NBDA by February 6, 2012. Those who are awarded scholarships will be notified by the NBDA to give attendees enough notice to make affordable travel arrangements.
• If you are an NBDA member retail store with a physical location, and have not attended a previous National Bike Summit, you are eligible to apply for a maximum $1,000 scholarship to attend the 2012 event. All applicants must be current members of the NBDA. (If you are not a current NBDA dealer member, you may visit our membership application page and join the NBDA prior to applying for your scholarship.)
• Applications will be made by filling out the On-line Application Form (below) by Februrary 6, 2012.
• Recipients will be selected by the NBDA and be notified by the NBDA office via e-mail by February 15, 2012.
• Priority will be given to recipients from states and regions previously lacking representation. If more applications are received than the number available, recipients will be chosen by the NBDA via lottery.
• The NBDA will pay up to $1,000 per member store for registration, transportation, lodging and meals for the National Bike Summit March 20-22, 2012 on a reimbursement basis with a summary and receipts required. The summary and receipts can be scanned and sent by e-mail to: email@example.com, or faxed to 714-824-6281 or mailed to NBDA, 3176 Pullman St. #117, Costa Mesa, CA 92626.
• Recipients will need to register for the event and make travel and lodging arrangements on their own.
• The NBDA will reimburse all scholarship recipients within two weeks of submission of receipts of actual costs incurred, including event registration, travel, hotel and meals up to the limit for each NBDA member store, along with a completed survey from the NBDA that describes their experiences at the National Bike Summit.
• Scholarship recipients are required to participate in all sessions of the National Bike Summit March 20-22, 2012 in